Industry Sales Manager (ISM) Dairy UK – FOSS Britain and Ireland (F-BI)
FOSS Britain & Ireland (F-BI)
Suite E, Chadwick House, Warrington Road, Birchwood Park
GB-WA3 6AE Birchwood, Warrington
+44 192528 7733
The Industry Sales Manager (ISM) Dairy will be responsible for the sale of FOSS Dairy solutions in the UK, working alongside the existing ISM Dairy to form our UK Dairy sales team.
In addition to instrument sales the ISM will also be responsible for selling after sales, including reagents, consumables and FOSS SmartCare & FossCare support agreements at point of instrument sale. Reporting to the General Manager, the ISM will be working closely with other colleagues in order to maintain and grow market share.
Full product training will be provided both locally & at our headquarter facility in Denmark.
Performance in the job will be measured through a number of KPI’s which will be set by the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree (BSc) in Food Science, Life Sciences, Medical/Clinical or General Sciences (or similar), with a strong commercial background.
Experience with capital equipment sales preferably in the Dairy industry would be an advantage, including a good track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections. The position could also be suitable for a candidate currently working within the Dairy industry who wishes to develop their career with a move into capital equipment sales.
The successful candidate will need a strong customer focus with the ability to build relationships with current and prospective customers to close sales, whilst also working alongside other FOSS UK colleagues in a “one team” environment.
Strong computer literacy skills, for example experience with CRM databases (SAP, SalesForce etc), Microsoft Office, Skype, and Microsoft Outlook.
Full driving license
This position would suit a person who is comfortable working in a small team, based from home the job will require extensive travel across the UK. The person will need to show initiative & be resourceful to generate the necessary leads & subsequent sales opportunities to be successful.
Tasks & qualities:
- Drive, determination and resilience to grow the business year on year.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing FOSS customers.
- Assist and advise customers in adding value to their business profitability and competitiveness by investing in the right FOSS Solution.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and account plans in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Attend relevant exhibition and seminars to maintain market presence.
- Share knowledge with fellow colleagues and Key Account managers, national as well as international.
- Conduct professional presentations to many different types of audience from corporate to laboratory level.
- Attend regular sales/company meetings or training courses.
- Maintain accurate records with respect to leads, sales calls, opportunities using the current SAP CRM system.
- Actively generate sales leads & manage the subsequent sales pipeline through to final order.
- Have a tenacious/’Customer First’ attitude.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to the task in hand.
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Tailored commission scheme.
- Annual company bonus.
- Fully expensed company Car.
- Laptop/mobile phone.
- Private health insurance.
- Employer pension contribution.
- 25 days holiday.
- Full training.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.