Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+36 72 891 888
Our New Technologies Team at Soft Flow is looking for a new member with a strong background mainly in biology/biotechnology (microbiology, molecular biology, bioengineering).
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong problem solving skills and a keen interest in implementing recent scientific results in the applied research with aim to support the development of the World’s best analytical methods in the field of food safety. Critical thinking, curiosity, and excellent communication skills are also essential requirements.
At FOSS, you will find innovative environment with many opportunities for research and development. We are leaders within our field, and thus you can expect exciting challenges - You are going to be part of strategically important projects. On top of this, we focus greatly on teamwork and cooperation.
- Contribute to the planning, development, and establishment of new/novel analytical methods applicable in the field of food and feed safety and related areas.
- Exploration and adaptation of new/relevant technologies into R&D procedures applied at our company.
- Finding/suggestion of potential new targets or matrices to be measured
- Delivering related biotechnological development activities
- Participating in analytical instrument testing
Specific knowledge and researcher attitude wanted
In order to be well prepared for the aforementioned development projects, we are looking for a candidate that
- holds an engineering and/or researcher MSc degree and/or has relevant experience (minimum 3 years) in microbiology, biotechnology, molecular biology or adjacent fields
- has experience in some protein- and nucleic acid-based methods and handling related equipments
- likes to be involved in discovery and understanding of related novel technological trends
- has some routine in laboratory administration (systems)
- Advanced level of English
- Excellent ability to navigate among multidisciplinary skills
- Innovative and creative, have a curious mind and thrive on challenges
- Self-driven, but value a strong team and the effort to share knowledge
- Able to combine an analytical and experimental approach,
- Goal-oriented with regards delivery times and tasks completion
We offer a challenging job in an innovative company that is a world leader in its field. You will get the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies. FOSS has a flat organizational structure. Thus, you will work closely with several managers.
Send your application and motivation letter using the link below:
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
In case you wish to know more about the position you are welcome to contact Ágnes Pacskó, Talent Acquisition Specialist; phone +36 20 26107577.
Brief history of Soft Flow Hungary
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 40 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.