Industry Sales Manager (ISM) Laboratories and Feed Forage UK
FOSS Britain & Ireland (F-BI)
Suite E, Chadwick House, Warrington Road, Birchwood Park
GB-WA3 6AE Birchwood, Warrington
+44 192528 7733
Reporting to the General Manager and based from home, the Industry Sales Manager (ISM) will be responsible for the sale of FOSS Laboratory and Feed Forage solutions across the whole of the UK.
In addition to instrument sales, the ISM will also be responsible for selling reagents, consumables and FOSS SmartCare & FossCare support agreements at the point of instrument sale.
Full product training will be provided both locally & at our Innovation Centre in Denmark.Performance in the job will be measured through a number of KPI’s which will be set by the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree (BSc) in Chemistry or General Sciences, with a strong commercial background. Experience with capital equipment sales would be essential, including a good track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections over a number of years.
The successful candidate will need a strong customer focus with the ability to build relationships with current and prospective customers to close sales, whilst also working alongside other FOSS colleagues in a “one team” environment. Strong computer literacy skills, for example experience with CRM databases (SAP, SalesForce etc), Microsoft Office, Skype, and Microsoft Outlook. A full driving license is essential along with the willingness to spend 5 days a week visiting customers.
This position would suit a person who is comfortable working in a small team, based from home the job will require extensive travel across the UK. The person will need to show initiative & be resourceful to generate the necessary leads & subsequent sales opportunities to be successful.
Tasks & qualities:
- Drive, determination and resilience to grow the business year on year.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing FOSS customers.
- Assist and advise customers in adding value to their business profitability and competitiveness by investing in the right FOSS Solution.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and account plans in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Attend relevant exhibition and seminars to maintain market presence.
- Share knowledge with fellow colleagues and Key Account managers, national as well as international.
- Conduct professional presentations to many different types of audience from corporate to laboratory level.
- Attend regular sales/company meetings or training courses.
- Maintain accurate records with respect to leads, sales calls, opportunities using the current SAP CRM system.
- Actively generate sales leads & manage the subsequent sales pipeline through to final order.
- Have a tenacious/’Customer First’ attitude.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to the task in hand.
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Tailored commission scheme.
- Annual company bonus.
- Fully expensed Company Car.
- Laptop/mobile phone.
- Private health insurance.
- Employer pension contribution.
- 25 days holiday.
- Full training.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.