Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+36 20 973 4275
Soft Flow is an R&D company with strong background in flow cytometry assay development and software solutions. Located in Pécs our market leader company expands on a large building plot. We are now searching for the position as
Logistics Specialist - Biotechnology
FOSS Research and Development
FOSS is a Danish company, providing world leading analytical equipment that contribute to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We want to be first mover in innovation based on unrivalled quality of products and services as well as competent and engaged employees.
Soft Flow is a well-recognized biotech research and development company in Pécs, Hungary, that is part of FOSS Group since 2016.
We are looking for a specialist to organize shipment of products that are essential for our biotech company’s day-to-day operation. You will work on both side: receive orders and ensure optimal stock levels, but also take care of the shipping procedure and related documentation.
For this role, you should have good understanding on the international logistic setup, export-import procedures, and inventory management. Ultimately, you will create and maintain good relationship with key suppliers and customers.
The main responsibility of the logistic specialist is to ensure that supply chain needs of the company are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. To help with the process of managing the inventory, one of the primary responsibilities of any logistic specialist is record keeping. That means staying on top of everything from purchase orders and receipts to tracking numbers and inventory counts.
- Work across business units to plan and prioritize purchasing activities
- Verifies purchase requisitions
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place internal/external orders as needed
- Lead finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
- Take care of the companies import/export documentation and processes
- Proven work experience in a logistic related similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Has good written communications skills in English
- Has good math skills and is quickly able to make calculations
- Is trustworthy and does not abuse authority or misappropriate funds
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant studies
Soft Flow offers an international and dynamic working environment with good opportunities to develop professionally and personally. At Soft Flow, we value our employees. Cooperation based upon confidence, straightforward communication and clear objectives creates job satisfaction and good colleagues. We wish to motivate our employees to take responsibility and influence their own work situation. We value work life balance and flexibility.
- Participation in international projects
- A challenging and varied job
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Accommodation provided for 3 months in case of moving
If you wish to work with us, send your application following the link below.
Do you want to know more about the position? You are welcome to contact Viktória Németh +36 20 973 4275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 50 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and move to new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.