R&D Manager - Software Development
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+45 5162 4590
Join Soft Flow as R&D Manager - Software Development
-and be part of the challenge of shaping the future for our new Software Development Department!
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
At FOSS, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class software solutions. That is why we are establishing a new Software Development Department at our subsidiary SoftFlow, in Pécs Hungary.
The R&D software department at our HQ near Copenhagen consists of more than a 100 software developer and makes up for about 1/3 of the whole R&D organization at FOSS. You will have the unique opportunity to establish and be in charge of a new software department and will report directly the R&D VP for software. The new department will work closely together with HQ on interdisciplinary projects where we integrate advanced technologies and software into our products.
The SW department is responsible for developing software for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
Your primary task will be to establish and manage four new software teams that work with agile methodology by the end of 2020. Each team will focus on
- Frontend development
- Embedded software development
- C# backend development
- Software testing
Furthermore, it is also your responsibility that all of your teams deliver quality software. Therefore, it is expected that you facilitate technical dialogues between developers and internal stakeholders primarily located at HQ. This means that you will need to create, coordinate and follow-up on development plans to ensure that your teams resolve challenges and overcome obstacles.
As your department grows, it is expected that the entire instrument projects will be part of the scope. This means that you will support your teams in clarifying and scoping project requirements. Therefore it is important that you have a thorough software knowledge since our solutions are highly technical and complex.
Your daily work will be at SoftFlow in Pécs Hungary. However, it is expected that you will have a minimum of 20 traveling days per year to Denmark.
- BSc or MSc in technical field
- 2-3 years’ of proven track record as a software people- or project manager
- Experience with software management and results-driven development
It is an advantage if you:
- Have a background as a software developer/architect
- Are able to influence and challenge experts on a technical level
- Have experienced at coaching teams on software design and technology
We would like you to have strong communication skills, as well as a desire to be part of a team.
- Experience with managing relations with stakeholders
- Experience with software development using agile and scrum methodology
- Motivated by communicating and helping teams collaborate, deliver, and grow
- Able to help teams analyze and investigate issues, explore solutions, learn and reflect
- Fluency in English and Hungarian
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex development and career development. We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit. The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities.
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Anders Søborg at +45 5162 4590
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Brief history of SOFT FLOW HUNGARY
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 50 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.