Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Réka Lambertné Sinkler
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. Soft Flow as the subsidiary of FOSS is a leading R&D biotech company located in Pécs, Hungary, where we want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to be part of, then read on.
If you have a solid molecular biology background, and want to play an important part in both development and research, in cooperation with creative developers and process-oriented production teams, then you could be the new colleague we are currently looking for!
At Soft Flow, you will be part of an innovative environment, where there are many opportunities for research and development. We are leaders within our field, and thus you can expect exciting challenges, you will be part of our most strategical projects. We focus greatly on teamwork and cooperation.
- Design, direct, characterize, document protein expression
- Design and develop cell biological reagents for food analytical solutions
- Design experiments, analyze, interpret and report data
- Develop laboratory methods from research to reliable products
- Plan and conduct research for the development and/or improvement of microbiological based products for food safety and animal safety applications
- University-level biologist (MSc), bioengineer (MSc)/knowledge in cell biology/or biotechnology
- Experience with PCR, oligonucleotide design and microbiological techniques
- Familiarity with common molecular biological equipment and analysis
- Knowledge in cloning, genetic engineering, cell physiology and biochemical processes within living cells and confident use of different expression systems
- Experience in purification and characterization of proteins
- Experience in cell culture and immunochemistry
- DNA/RNA amplification and microbiology background
- English language proficiency
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, precision
- Deductive reasoning and critical-thinking skills to solve complex projects
- Creativity and ability to work as a team member
- Be able to cope with heavy workloads
- We offer a challenging and varied job at an innovative company that is a world leader in its field.
- You will get the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies
- Participation in international projects
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Accommodation /lodgings provided for 3 months in case of relocation
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Réka Lambertné Sinkler Biology Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +36 20 376 7314.
We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 50 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and move to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.