Sales & Marketing
+45 2748 4444
Headquartered in Hillerød, Denmark, FOSS is an international family-owned company providing analytical equipment that helps to improve production processes and product quality in food, agricultural and other industries
As our Business Analyst in Global Marketing you drive and develop reporting and analytics activities related to business growth and performance, marketing analytics and competitor intelligence.
You will be part of the Market Management team that is responsible for the commercial management of FOSS’ core markets, i.e. portfolio - and lifecycle management, as well as promotion and campaign activities. You will report to the head of Market Management.
You will divide you time between explorative analytics – with the purpose of identifiying potential for growth, and maintaining and developing reporting, tools and dashboards for Sales & Marketing. You will work with the general business data from ERP, CRM and Marketing Automation, combined with ad-hoc insights and data collection.
Your on-going tasks are executed with assistance from a student help, as well as professional peers in the Marketing Communications, Sales Excellence and Finance teams and will include:
- To maintain and develop end-to-end performance dashboards for demand creation, sales performance, opportunity analysis, etc.
- Global Marketing responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting, i.e. for segment performance, new product performance, demand creation, and win/loss analysis. Your task is to deliver the reporting in agreed templates, and cooperate with other departments to ensure data is of top quality.
- Build up an analytical approach to segmentation and demand creation, and marketing intelligence in general. Develop tools and methods to evaluate the performance of our marketing efforts, as well as making fact-based decisions to identify growth potential. You will act as “playing” project manager, and cooperate with Market Management and stakeholders to scope and plan these projects, as well as implement your part of this work.
- Targeting and segmentation support for existing customers and for acquisition of new customers (lead generation).
- Make and maintain detailed competitor reports with business information, and monitor recent developments.
- Ad hoc support to Sales & Marketing on business intelligence and market analysis
You are expected to continuously develop the structure and processes needed for you to efficiently deliver on the above tasks. Through the job you will get an extraordinary insight into the FOSS business, and we expect you to share your insights and bring forward patterns observed and advice to the Management Team.
Your work is the foundation for both strategic and tactical decisions taken by FOSS, and the function gives you an excellent insight in and understanding of FOSS’ business and industry dynamics.
To succeed with above responsibilities, we expect that you have min. 2-3 years experience from a position as business analyst or marketing intelligence analyst. Your educational background is a relevant Msc degree, for example in Economics, Finance or Marketing.
You are SQL and/or advanced Excel user - if you have experience with Qlikview, Qliksense and Tableau it is considered as an advantage.
Since you will drive and develop reporting and analytics activities, you should have excellent analytical skills.
Corporate language is English, so we expect you to have good English skills - verbal and written.
The person we are looking for can tick below boxes:
- Fact finder - and not afraid of getting into the details
- Curious about business - knows how to support business decisions with data and insights
- Good at communicating and making 'clear and to the point' reports and overviews that fit the purpose
- An organizer
- Pronounced execution skills
We offer a challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is a world leader in its field. You will get the opportunity to work with highly skilled colleagues in strong teams and cross-functional projects.
Global Marketing engages 40 dedicated people who cover the entire marketing value chain from business development over market management to market communication and launch of products and services. It’s a dynamic team characterized by a can do mentality and teamwork within the team and across the entire global organization.
Global Marketing is deeply engaged in everyday as well as long term business planning and execution. We strive to be insightful, analytical and data-driven, and to combine FOSS' strong industry legacy with intelligent new perspectives on the future of food and feed production. We take innovation seriously no matter whether it is the big technological leap or an incremental improvement. Most important to us is that it makes life easier or business better for our customers, and that is contributes to the sustainable production of food and feed on a global scale.
Send your application using the link below. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.