Driven Software Developer for FOSS Digital Business
+45 4820 8511
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too.
A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and help eliminate food waste. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analysed using FOSS solutions, so improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. If that sounds like something you would like to work for, then read on.
How we work
FOSS is on a steep growth trajectory these years, and we are ramping up on software development in our Digital Business department. You will join 12 highly skilled colleagues in our Scrum-based Digital Services development team. We are on a mission to ensure FOSS’ transition into the digital domain by providing value-adding digital services to our customers.
We work closely with product management to understand user needs, and based on their feedback, we deliver the digital services that provide the best value for our customers.
We are investing in a strong development setup where gated check-ins, automated unit- and integration tests is part of our daily work. DevOps is a methodology that we follow, and want to focus on even more going forward.
“The time it takes from an idea to become reality and available for our customers has been brought down to a few days thanks to a strong development team, amazing new cloud solutions and a strong DevOps mentality.” – Jens Christensen, Product Owner
The latest technologies
As one of our new software developers, you get to work with technologies such as C#, .NET Core and Azure to develop new user-friendly cloud-based and data-driven web solutions, as well as to improve our existing portfolio of online solutions.
An international mindset and the latest technologies are two central components in the way we work. In the words of Jacob Bodholdt, Head of Development at your new department, FOSS Digital Business:
“By joining FOSS, you will step into a truly international environment and a global organisation. We work with the latest technologies, and we intend to stay ahead of the game. Neither products nor developers will be left behind, when the world around us moves at an amazing speed. You will have ample opportunity to influence which tools we need to implement market leading digital services.”
About the job
Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you will:
- Develop applications that runs on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Design new features together with product owner, product specialists and other stakeholders
- Design and implement features in C#
- Ensure test and documentation of your work using automated test frameworks and SwaggerHub
- Write unit- and integration tests as part of the everyday development flow
- Groom, estimate and plan backlog items for upcoming sprints in collaboration with the product owner and team members
You are a talented C# developer, who wants to make a difference. Your curiosity helps you acquire new knowledge quickly, and you take pride in staying up to date with the latest trends within software development. Just like us!
- You have a background as a software engineer, IT-engineer, computer scientist or similar, with preferably 4 years of relevant experience from a similar position in an agile environment
- You are an excellent and experienced C# programmer with profound knowledge about .NET Core
- You have experience with modern cloud hosting and service platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure
- You have profound experience working with REST APIs and Entity Framework
- You speak and write English fluently – Danish is a plus, but not a requirement
- You know good user experience and focus on data security, speed and reliability
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- You have a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your speciality
- You believe that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution – experience with TDD is considered an advantage
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Head of Development, FOSS Digital Business, Jacob Bodholdt on +45 4820 8511.
Send your application via the link below as soon as possible, we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Please note that only applications sent via the link below will be considered.
All applications for vacant positions are welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, who you love, marital status, disability, family status, age or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.