Talented Software Developers for FOSS Digital Business
+45 4820 8511
Do you want to develop modern software services that ensures a healthy and effective food production around the world?
FOSS is a world leader in the manufacture of analytical solutions for the food and agriculture industries. By analysing raw materials and foods in the processing chain, our measuring instruments enable food producers and farmers to run an optimised and data-driven production with a minimum of waste.
We are expanding our software development teams and are looking for talented software developers.
As one of our new software developers, you get to work with technologies such as C#, .NET Core and Azure to continuously improve and develop new user-friendly cloud-based, data-driven web solutions.
“By joining FOSS, you will step into a truly international environment. At our modern headquarters in Hillerød, you will be improving our existing portfolio of online solutions and work on defining and implementing new features together with the rest of the organization. We strive to work with all the latest technologies in our solutions. We don’t want our products or developers to get left behind when the world around us moves at an amazing speed, so you have a great chance to influence the tools being used to implement market leading digital services.”
says Jacob Bodholdt, Head of Development at your new department, FOSS Digital Business.
Develop cloud solutions for Azure Cloud
You will join 15 highly skilled colleagues in our Scrum-based Digital Services development team. We are on a mission to ensure FOSS’ transition into the digital domain by providing value adding digital services to our customers.
We work closely together with product management to understand user needs, and based on user feedback, we deliver the digital services that provide the best value for our customers.
We are investing in a modern development setup where gated check-ins, automated unit- and integration tests is part of our daily work. DevOps is a methodology that we follow, and want to focus on even more going forward.
Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you will primarily be working on:
- Designing new features together with Product Owner, product specialists and other stakeholders
- Design and implement features in C#
- Ensure test and documentation of your work using automated test frameworks and SwaggerHub
- Write unit- and integration tests as part of the everyday development flow
- Groom, estimate and plan backlog items for upcoming sprints in collaboration with the product owner and team members
Experienced software developer who wants to work with latest technologies
You are an experienced C# developer with at least four years of professional experience. You want to be a part of our journey towards a fully automated continuous delivery setup. You have a talent for creating good user experience and focus on data security, speed and reliability. Your curiosity helps you to quickly acquire new knowledge, and you take pride in staying up to date with the latest trends within software development. You enjoy collaborating closely with your colleagues and have a can-do attitude as you are not afraid to solve a task that is not your speciality.
Personal skills and attitude:
- You have a background as a software engineer, IT-engineer, computer scientist or similar, with at least 4 years’ of relevant experience from a similar position in an agile environment
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team and are motivated by working towards a common team goal
- You are an excellent and experienced C# programmer with profound knowledge about .NET Core
- You have experience with modern cloud hosting and service platforms preferably Microsoft Azure
- Have profound experience working with REST APIs and Entity Framework
- You believe that test is an integrated part of making a good solution – experience with TDD is considered an advantage
- As our domain involves algorithms and statistics, you are able to understand, implement and test features involving mathematics and algorithms
- It is an advantage if you have knowledge about frontend technologies and desire to work with these from time-to-time
- You speak and write English fluently – Danish is a plus, but not a requirement
“As the head of development, my most important task is to ensure that everyone enjoys coming to work and that the team is motivated. I try to leave most of the operational responsibilities to the product owners and Scrum master and focus on the development of our team,”
says Jacob Bodholdt.
If you have any questions to the technologies used, how we work or any other things, please feel free to reach out and contact Head of Development, FOSS Digital Business, Jacob Bodholdt on +45 4820 8511.
Ready to join us?
Send your application via the link below as soon as possible and no later than 31 January 2019. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Please note that applications are only accepted if sent via the link below.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.