Manager, Research & Development
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Manager, Research & Development
We are looking for an experienced Manager to head our R&D department, currently consisting of biotechnology and assay development functions. In the coming years, Soft Flow and our mother company FOSS expect a rapid growth. We will therefore focus on a continued expansion in R&D.
As R&D Manager, you will be part of the company’s management team and you will be heading several skillful teams with researchers covering all the R&D phases from proof of principle (POP) to transfer to manufacturing. You will take decisions, drive execution, and communicate proactively across the organization and towards stakeholders in our mother company. You will ensure compliance with quality systems and regulations and initiate both technical and operational improvements.
The R&D department builds on an ambitious pipeline of projects and ideas, and one of your tasks will be to mature them, while complementing them with cutting-edge technologies for assay development and production of reagents.
In summary, as the management representative for R&D, you will
- Continue building the foundation for organizational growth, while managing it through the process
- Maintain the right balance between execution (delivery of products under a tight schedule), and promotion of innovation and implementation of a long-term pipeline
- Collaborate and maintain an excellent communication channel with the R&D of our mother company
- Act as a guide and mentor for your teams, enabling them to develop their skills and their careers
- Motivate a large number of talented and creative employees and create the conditions for their best fulfillment
Qualifications and skills
- A professional and visual leader
- MSc (PhD is a plus, but not required) in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering, or other related fields
- Experience with managing a large R&D department or Laboratory, ideally in an international environment within the field of bio-chemistry
- Experience with people management and proven ability of seeing things from the corporate perspective
- Experience in the development of immuno-assay-based bio-sensors will be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in English– written and spoken
Soft Flow offers an international and dynamic working environment with good opportunities to develop professionally and personally. At Soft Flow, we value our employees. We believe that job satisfaction and good colleagues are obtained by cooperation that is based on confidence, straightforward communication, and clear objectives. We wish to motivate our employees to take responsibility and influence their own work situation. We value work life balance and flexibility. In addition, you will
- Get the opportunity to shape the future of a young international company during its fastest growing phase
- Be part of a leading provider of dedicated testing solutions for the food agricultural market
- Have a challenging and varying job
- Receive unique career development opportunities receive accommodation / lodgings in Pecs for the first 3 months in case of need.
Send your application using the link below.
In case you wish to know more about the position you are welcome to contact Réka Vass, e-mail email@example.com or phone +36 20 232 9517
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
The company “Soft Flow” was founded in the USA in 1988 and moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with the market leaders in the flow cytometry and also in the food/feed safety industry. Soft flow is placed in Pécs and employs over 40 highly qualified staff - and is growing steadily (Read more on www.softflow.hu).
In 2016, Soft Flow was bought by FOSS. FOSS is a Danish owned company and is known throughout the world for efficient, analytical solutions that help to improve both food quality and safety in the global food market.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analytical instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, North, South and Central America, Africa, Asia, and Australia.