Researcher - LFD
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
The candidate will be expected to be involved in assay developments aiming mainly a variety of formats of rapid tests, lateral flow devices.
- Involvement in R&D assay developments relating to lateral flow devices and applications
- Establishing, maintaining and improving the needed R&D capacity as required by strategic plans of company
- Collaboration with different R&D teams of the company
- Transferring developed methodologies and applications to the production department
- Following up the occurring scientific trends and technologies
- MSc (PhD is desired but not required) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal), Hungarian is preferred.
- A strong technical background in Lateral Flow Research & Development (minimum 3 years) and Protein Biochemistry is essential.
- Proven experience in protein conjugation to gold/latex is essential/strongly recommended.
- Proven experience in protein coating of nitrocellulose membrane is essential/strongly recommended.
- Proven Experience in gold based assays is preferred.
- Proven experience in Lateral Flow product assembly, through manual and/or automated processes is preferred.
- Experience in working with different natural/agricultural samples and (in case) infectious disease agents is essential/strongly recommended
- Demonstrated competence in a wide range of statistical concepts including Design of Experiments.
- Proven risk management experience is preferred.
- Experience in FDA Regulatory requirements (or similar) is advantageous but not required
- Demonstrated experience in established problem-solving techniques.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with and influence other individuals and groups in a positive, team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently where necessary
- Pay attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency and have the ability to be impartial and objective.
- Participation in international projects
- A challenging and varied job
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Accommodation / lodgings provided for 3 months in case of moving
Send your application using the link below.
In case you wish to know more about the position you are welcome to contact Adrienn Palik, HR Consultant, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +36 20 293 6339
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
The company “Soft Flow” was founded in the USA in 1988 and moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with the market leaders in the flow cytometry and also in the food/feed safety industry. Soft flow is placed in Pécs and employs over 20 highly qualified staff - and is growing steadily (Read more on www.softflow.hu).
In 2016, Soft Flow was bought by FOSS. FOSS is a Danish owned company and is known throughout the world for efficient, analytical solutions that help to improve both food quality and safety in the global food market.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analytical instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, North, South and Central America, Africa, Asia, and Australia.