Software Project Manager
Do you have a strong reputation for leading software projects that require both management skills and technical insight? Can you keep the big picture in mind while still focusing on the details? Then you might be our new software project manager.
As part of the PC Software line, you will direct, enable, and challenge software development specialists to deliver high-quality software development, and ensure high employee satisfaction. If you enjoy designing and building things with creative colleagues, this is the place to be. This is an influential role in an international and innovative company, which is a world leader in its field.
You will come to the right place, if you find it interesting to deliver PC software for an integrated product, which comprises both software and hardware. Responsibilities include:
- Motivating specialists to design and deliver quality software
- Collaborating in scrum teams where the challenge is to bridge many different areas of expertise and innovative technologies
- Organizing scrum planning, demo and retrospectives
- Ensuring the team resolves challenges and overcomes obstacles
- Creating, coordinating and following up on release plans
- Stakeholder management
- Assisting projects in clarifying and scoping project requirements
Apply now if you can subscribe to the following qualifications:
- Proven record with project management of software projects
- Experience with agile methodologies and scrum development processes
- Experience with Product development
- Excellent understanding of software/hardware systems/products at a “how do the dots connect” level
- Experience with .NET/C# development and entity modelling
- Excellent communication skills in English and Danish – written and spoken
- Good understanding of customized hardware
- Sincere interest in IT technology
You want to connect software development to business needs while maintaining a professional, effective, and inclusive environment for SW developers, who are experts in their field. You are able to engage in professional discussions and agile facilitation. Generally, you help teams identify how they can achieve their goals. You thrive with working on many tasks in parallel and not knowing what the day will bring.
- Motivated by communicating and you excel at helping teams collaborate, deliver, and grow
- Able to help teams analyze and investigate issues, explore solutions, learn and reflect
- Able to influence and challenge experts on a technical level
- Driven by ensuring the usability of software - understanding that success hinges on how software matches customers’ needs and how it presents itself in the small details of day-to-day operation and use
This is an influential role in a leading, international and innovative company, which is world leader in its field.
FOSS R&D counts 300 highly skilled engineers and mathematicians – many at PhD level – occupied with developing applications for the food and agricultural industries. The work is organized in interdisciplinary project teams staffed according to the individual nature of the project. If you enjoy designing and building things with creative colleagues, this is the place to be.
R&D Software is organized in functional units allocated to PC Software and Embedded Systems. We apply the latest and greatest tools based on C#, C++ and HTML5/JS to develop state of the art online enabled and accessible applications and services. FOSS R&D Software occupies 70 software professionals in development, test and product ownership. Additionally, FOSS has 30 professionals working for an outsourcing partner.
Send your application using the link below. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Kim Mostrup, People Manager, Team Software Development, +45 4820 8330.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. FOSS is growing, so the recruitment process will be ongoing for the next 4 months as we might come in need for more than one candidate. We will review applications on an ongoing basis. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.