Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Pellérdi út 91/B
+36 20 284 0586
Join Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary as a Lead/Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the food and agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
Your primary tasks will involve
- Developing and designing parts, mechanical constructions and complete analytical instruments from scratch
- Modelling in Autodesk Inventor and documentation in SAP
- Ensuring robust design, by using simulations, Datum systems (ensuring correct designed degree of freedom) solid tolerance calculations, GPS drawings etc.
- Verification and validation of new design
- Support the whole product development lifecycle from prototypes until series production
- Proactive participation in the creation of the new HW platform, defining standard components and formulating general design principles
- Redesign existing instruments because of obsolete components
- Coordinating team’s work, breaking down the project to tasks and assigning them to team members and review the progress
The HW department is responsible for designing hardware solutions for our in-house developed new analytical instruments. You will be responsible for the mechanical design concept in cooperation with local and Danish R&D design team.
Your daily work will be at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary with partial home office possibilities. It is expected that you will have occasional visits to the R&D department in Hillerød, Denmark to get a visual and hands-on understanding of the problems, working methods and meet the other project team members (3-20 days per year).
- A career where you can grow in expertise, learn new technologies and your work has a serious impact on the outcome of the project
- Exciting, multidisciplinary and challenging projects where the most important target is to deliver ground-breaking, high-quality solutions
- A job in an international, stable and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the projects, and big enough for professional development
- Flexible work time with hybrid home office possibilities.
- Multiple opportunities for personal development
- A flat, informal and open-minded company culture
- Good collegial spirit, a well-functioning community
- Well-equipped canteen with delicious coffee and other drinks
- Help in the relocation
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc or MSc degree in mechanical or mechatronics engineering
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience in R&D (after graduation)
- Solid practical and hands-on experience with mechanical constructions
- Significant experiences with 3D and 2D mechanical design (preferably with Autodesk Inventor), skeletal modelling and tolerance analysis
- Solid knowledge in geometrical tolerancing and dimensioning (GPS)
- Strong background in design of metal parts (knowledge of molded plastic is an advantage), interface analysis of total construction, design for lean manufacturing and GMP
- Understanding of mechanical part manufacturing process (molding, stamping, etc.) and proper usage of this knowledge during the designing
- Passion for mechanical and technology development at a very high and challenging level
- Ability to understand complex requirements and solutions
- Structured and ability to see the big picture meanwhile taking care about the details
- Ability to analyze and investigate issues, explore solutions, learn and reflect
- Team player attitude, knowing the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- Taking responsibility on your job, tasks and the whole team’s performance
- A positive mindset, sharing knowledge and having a natural curiosity about other job disciplines
- Creativity with a great deal of ingenuity
- Eagerness to follow projects to the end and see results
- Thriving with many different types of tasks, including hands-on work
- Good communication skills both in English and Hungarian (written & verbal)
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analyzed using FOSS solutions, so improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. If that sounds like something you would like to work for, please join to our inspiring, open-minded team located at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have lots of new, exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions in hardware development. Therefore, we are looking for a talented and devoted Mechanical Design Engineer to help us develop parts of instruments and navigate the team to follow the agreed guidelines from the mechanical function, suggest improvements in order to improve quality, reliability, delivery and cost.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu and https://www.fossanalytics.com/en.
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Gábor Lehotai at email@example.com
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.