Ürögi Fasor 2/A
If you have a solid chemical background, and want to play an important part in both de-velopment and production, in cooperation with creative developers and process-oriented production teams, then you could be the new colleague we are currently looking for!
At Soft Flow, you will be part of an innovative environment, where there are many opportunities for research and development. We are leaders within our field, and thus you can expect exciting challenges, you will be part of our most strategical projects. We focus greatly on teamwork and cooperation.
Our project teams works in close cooperation through all the developments steps/phases. We work with a broad range of technologies, both well established and innovative/ground breaking.
You will be the technical expert, who navigates among our departments, with the purpose of coordinating our research projects from idea to final product.
Furthermore, you may play a role in ensuring that our projects are successfully implemented at one of our production sites.
Be part of our projects from start
You will be a part of our development projects from the beginning and you will be responsible for
• Design and conduct multistep organic chemistry experiments
• Plan, coordinate and implement protein-small molecule conjugation
• Ensure, optimize and supervise costs through the entire development process
• Operation of the laboratory protocol system (from documentation to presentation)
Specific knowledge and researcher attitude wanted
In order to be well prepared for the previously mentioned development projects, we are looking for a candidate that
• holds an engineering and/or researcher background in chemistry or adjacent field
• has experience in organic/inorganic chemistry
• has good self- and project management skills
• has a routine in chemical analysis instrument operation (such as: UV-Vis and mass spectroscopy, liquid chromatography, etc.)
We would like you to have strong communication skills, fluent English, a recipient nature and great coordination skills, as well as a desire to be part of a team.
What will make the person successful in the job? Remember to be open minded!
• Have an excellent ability to navigate among multidisciplinary skills.
• Be innovative, have a curious mind and thrive on challenges
• Be self-driven, but value a strong team and the effort to share knowledge
• Be able to combine an analytical and experimental approach
• Be accountable and precise
What makes this position special compared to similar ones?
• We offer a challenging and varied job in an innovative company that is a world leader in its field.
• You will get the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies.
• Participation in international projects
• Continuous learning and development opportunities
• Accommodation /lodgings provided for 3 months in case of relocation
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Brief history of Soft Flow
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 40 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow.
FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.